Wednesday, January 17, 2007

In a Dream

It hadn’t mattered where we were then. The exotic trees that filled the landscape seemed to slide by. I had never known before this that nostalgia could be felt for something I had never lost. My heart was occupied by ghosts from the past, and I was taken with its pulse. I was stirred. The car moved silently over pavement, and I could feel his sideways glance. His concern pressed me and emotion pushed through my fingertips and eyelids. I felt bare. In the 19 years he’d known me he had never seen me this small. I lay restful in my seat and opened my eyes to the clear summer sky. The Warm breeze swept over me, and I burst, it has seemed centuries since I had been in loves grasp, but now here in this moment I sat in absolute ache from it. I loved too much. I felt undeniable need to possess this being this unfathomable being. There was no being to possess. I exhaled torrents of emotion while pastel coloured trees inhaled overhead. Their branches held oranges in sizes such as I had never seen and reminded me that the world could fill a woman, the world could ease. Unabashedly I wept then, unaccustomed to this naked display unaccustomed to compassion, I wept, I loved. I watched a sky obstructed by views of towering trees and fruits of unnatural size which turned from liquid to solid flower. The world span by me, and I sat breathing an exhaling expanse.

No comments: