Friday, January 12, 2007

magazine covers

A new song i wrote today....

Tell me your no better, i'll tell you i'm no worse,
cause i've been watching you, the way you move,
and feeling, i'm not her...
i'm not her, and it hurts.

girls we wont find soldiarity,
behind walls where we compare,
but i fear, if we stood united, in this man's world,
beside her, would he see me,
besider her....would he see me.

I AM MORE. I AM MORE. I AM MORE THEN EYES CAN SEE. I AM MORE. I AM MORE. I AM MORE THEN WHATS OUTSIDE OF ME.

Our mothers got plowed down, fighting these wars,
now in the age of magazine, we've lost soooo many more,
yeah, i can vote, but i cant eat.
and i'm tired of fighting my sisters,
to be some man's trophy!

I AM MORE....

I wanna be plowed down, fighting this war,
so my daughters will grow up, knowing they are soo much more,
i'm tired of climbing, your soical heirarchies,
of being that faceless modern woman,
just a body to please

I REFUSE. I WANT TO REFUSE. I WANT TO REFUSE. TO BE ASHAMED OF WHAT YOU SEE. I REFUSE. I WANT TO REFUSE. I WANT TO REFUSE. TO LET YOU OWN ME.

Maybe i'll end up a spinster, in a room of one's own,
or maybe i'll find a real man, if not i'll be alone,
cause i will build a life of strength, my beating heart insists,
cause thats how they entrap us, lies of lonliness.

so take your lonliness and change it, make it work for you,
focus on your life, and make all your goals reality,
find yourself a real man, i hear they exist,
and tell them to take their image.....AND SHOVE IT hahhaha

I AM MORE!!!!


This song is very ani flavoured, but i respect the shit out of that woman, so i am honoured to even try to come close.

I am tired of feeling like i need to change-when what i got, is ohhh so right lol!!

Em.

1 comment:

.reva. said...

oh meru.
i love you.
reading week... how much do you have to work?